Friday 8 April 2011

Abercrombie & Fitch; Competitive edge menswear collection A/W 2011

For a competition brief I was set in October 2010  I decided to produce a collection of menswear garments whilts utilising the theme Competitive Edge.


The brief set by Abercrombie & Fitch, was to design 3-4 repeats and  2 Plaid packages; 1 that embodies the brand executed in multiple colour ways, and 1 eclectic package; a group of different plaids (scales and colour ways) that sit well together for A/W 2011 .


With my chosen theme I decided to reflect the competitive nature of hunting and sports, looking at Native Americans, Hunting, and American sports, whilst taking a new and innovative approach through techniques and style; looking at distressing and manipulating my designs and fabrics.
Ensuring that I was incorporating the heritage and brand of A&F within my designs was a challenge but one that I enjoyed overcoming.

I used various methods of design which include laser cutting, digital printing and manual screen printing.



No comments:

Post a Comment